Tuesday 15 December 2009

Amazing TV

Nope, not crappy Christmas telly with the standard Albert Square death and betrayal, but super hot Melbourne brand, TV - my latest discovery equating in a massive crush. Designed by friends and fellow graduates Monika Tywanek and Ingrid Verner (EDIT: not MY personal friends and graduates, each others....), TV appears to be in its fifth season and gaining quite the coverage in its native Australia, and luckily for us Brits is available to order from Amelie Boutique.

I love the juxtaposition of the grungy, over-sized beige 'sloppies' against the super sexy, dark and angular looks. I myself tend to veer towards one or the other, and rarely find a middle ground so find myself relating on a personal level to this collection.

It would be interesting to know how this pair designs - does each girl design her own looks, or do they collaborate together on each piece...? I ask, as the general aesthetic and vibe clearly falls in to two distinct concepts and I would love to know if that is in fact a reflection of the two individual designers or a considered brand vision? Hmmm....

Either way, I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to say...? Go ahead, I love a chitchat...