Friday 11 December 2009

Too True Shulman

"Vogue is not my personal taste, really. I think of it more as a kind of newspaper. It's reporting on what's out there, to some extent, with me editing."

Alexandra Shulman (Editor of UK Vogue) as quoted in The Guardian.


I used to be an avid UK Vogue reader and truly relish the lazy afternoon each month I would spend reading it cover to cover, drifting in and out of fashion-filled fantasies. Somewhere along the way in the last 18 months, I have entirely abandoned this little luxury.

It is difficult to place my finger on exactly where my love affair went wrong (isn't it always...?) but in basic terms I no longer felt inspired by Vogue. In fact, I began, more and more often, to come away a bit peeved at certain articles and editorials, to the extent where now we have suffered a rather messy break-up.

As always with break-ups, you question yourself and your judgement on the matter, so to see that the exes Editor in Chief appears to agree with my concerns is quite a relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to say...? Go ahead, I love a chitchat...